For all the cowboys, river rats, and scouts who still like to cook over an open fire, this sturdy Dutch oven is just the ticket. Made from durable, highly conductive cast aluminum, it heats up quickly and evenly and won’t rust, so it can go places where cast iron can’t. (Plus, it weighs a lot less.) Dutch-oven cooking opens up a whole new world of backcountry culinary options, from eggs and biscuits to beef stew and home-baked bread.
Dutch ovens cook with radiant heat, so they work best with charcoal or coals underneath as well as heaped on the lid. (They cook beautifully in your oven at home, too.) The lid has a lipped edge to hold coals in a ring. Traditional seasoning is required, but once that’s done, food won’t stick and the pot cleans up beautifully after you’re done.
The GSI Outdoors Dutch oven comes in two sizes – 10- and 12-inch – each of which cooks for four to ten people. The 10-inch has no legs, while the 12-inch has three fixed legs to support it over the coals. Should you buy both, they nest together nicely for storage.
- 10-inch model: Measures 13.5 x 10.7 x 3.6 inches, weighs 3 pounds, 11 ounces
- 12-inch model: Measures 13.5 x 12.9 x 6.5 inches, weighs 6 pounds, 1.3 ounces
All GSI Outdoors products are fully warrantied to the original owner against manufacturer’s defects in materials and workmanship.
GSI: It’s All About The Outdoors, The Rest Is Meaningless
Beginning with a few pieces of blue enamelware and a smattering of campfire accessories in 1985, GSI Outdoors continues to create unique, imaginative, and fun products that enhance the outdoor experience – including stainless steel and enamelware cookware, tableware, coffee percolators, water bottles, and more.
- Classic Dutch oven for versatile cooking over campfires, with charcoal or at home
- Highly conductive aluminum construction for excellent heat distribution, durability and performance
- Cast aluminum is rust-free, easy-to-clean and weighs 66% less than cast iron
- Comes in two sizes: 10-inch (2-quart) and 12-inch (5-quart)
- Includes Dutch oven and lid; backed by a full manufacturer’s warranty